Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oct. 3rd 2007
Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition Now Shipping!
First conceived by gaming industry vet Derek Smart in the late nineteen eighties with the first title,
Battlecruiser 3000AD released in 1996 by Take 2 Interactive, then re-imagined in 2004 as Universal Combat
– the long running Battlecruiser series comes to a close with the release of Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition.
This ultimate compendium spanning eleven years represents the evolution of hard core space combat sims.
It consists of full copies of the three legacy Battlecruiser retail releases in their original state. It also
contains over one hundred scenarios from all the games in Battlecruiser and Universal Combat series running
on improved versions of the Universal Combat Special Edition game engine.
Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition contains full versions and scenarios from the following titles :
- Universal Combat Special Edition (3000AD, Oct 2006)
- Universal Combat A World Apart (3000AD, Oct 2005)
- Universal Combat Gold (3000AD, Oct 2005)
- Universal Combat (Dreamcatcher Interactive, Feb 2004)
- Battlecruiser Millennium Gold (Dreamcatcher Interactive, March 2003)
- Battlecruiser Millennium (EB Games, Nov 2001) *
- Battlecruiser 3000AD v2.0 (Interplay, Dec 1998) *
- Battlecruiser 3000AD (Take2, Sept. 1996) ** Full stand-alone version included on DVD-ROM
What’s in the game box :
- Full 96-page printed manual
- Printed keyboard sheet with color galaxy map on reverse side
For detailed info on the game engine revisions, refer to the game’s online version control file
Universal Combat CE is now shipping to retail stores with an MSRP of $29.95 USD. The ESD version available through
our digital distribution partners such as Direct2Drive, Digital River, BMT Micro etc will be available
later in November.
Universal Combat CE is rated “T”een w/ “Violence” descriptor by the ESRB.